Sunday, February 17, 2008

When the humans are away....


The Kitty will play! My Primary Human foolishly left her laptop open, up and running when she and the Secondary Human went out to dinner. Finally, a little peace and quiet, and a chance to air my daily thoughts to the Interwebs at large via my very own blog.  Who am I? I am The Kitty. Accept no substitutes. Technically, my given name is Clio, named after the Greek muse of history and epic poetry. Is it any wonder I developed delusions of grandeur? 

I was born in New York City, where I lived for many years until my Primary Human decided to move to Washington DC. Without consulting me, I might add. Oh, the ignominy! One day, she locked me in the bathroom while loud, heavy-footed men clomped back and forth. When she left me out, the place was empty, save for the dreaded cat carrier. I was forced to endure a five-hour drive in that thing, in a loud, drafty U-Haul.

As horrible as that experience was, it was nothing compared to the horror of a five-hour cross country flight in the cargo hold of United airplane, nonstop from DC to Los Angeles. Yes, she moved AGAIN! WITHOUT CONSULTING ME! Doesn't she know I am The Kitty? Even worse, now I have to share my Primary Human with a Secondary Human. 

It's not so bad here, though. There's lots of sunshine, lots of space, and really big windows, and the Secondary Human presents me with occasional offerings of kitty treats and catnip. It's nice to be appreciated.



No comments: